1. We weighed Brenna again on Tuesday, and she tipped the scales at 7.62 pounds - up from 7.1 pounds last Monday!
2. I am down to pumping once a day now - in the evening - and even that barely makes half of a feeding. I think my days with my beloved pump are very numbered. I anticipate putting it away for good this weekend.
3. As a follow-up to my post on Rare Disease Day, my video was by far the most-watched in the MarbleRoad competition, with 12,750 views right now! I am sincerely AMAZED at how many of you watched and shared our video. Because of this, we were awarded $450 from MarbleRoad for assistance with medical costs - thank you!
4. Unfortunately MarbleRoad wasn't interested in pursuing publication of my story inspired by Brenna. But I think if anything, I will create a little book for her myself, so that she can always have it to read!
5. Today is the final dose of Brenna's antibiotic, clindamycin, for her staph infection. Hopefully the staph, and all other infections, stay far away for a very long time!
6. Brenna has been sleeping so great at night, much to the delight of her parents. Last night, she ate at 9:30 pm, 3 am, and 8 am. Such big stretches are not the norm yet, but she at least usually stretches her feedings 4 or 5 hours at night, and she goes right back to sleep in between.
7. My big girl is smiling now! It's not often (but then again, Connor was a very serious kid too, so my kids just might not be smiley babies) but when she does, it melts my heart completely. She is very expressive and alert now, and loves to be part of the action. She doesn't mind observing from her bouncy seat usually, as long as she's in the same room with everyone and can see what's going on.
8. The artistic piece, "Home", was raffled and raised over $200 for FIRST! Thank you so very much to all those who participated in the raffle!
9. I am very slowly easing my way back in to working. I am going to completely re-structure the way I run my photography business this year because family comes first, and my family very much needs me right now. But I have devised a plan to allow myself to still serve my clients on a very limited basis and carry out some of my creative energy and passion through my photography. I am excited that I will have some opportunities this year to continue the success that my studio has already achieved!
10. This weekend, my parents are watching the kids while Evan and I take a little drive out to his grandpa's restaurant, Lucky's, in Ashland, about 45 minutes away, for a lunch date. I am so looking forward spending some one-on-one time with him!