I guess this is a variation from Thursday Thoughts! Lots of little things on my mind today...
1. I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but I finally created a Facebook page! If you want to follow along with Brenna's story on Facebook, just "like" our page. I've had an overwhelming number of friend requests from so many strangers who, I'm guessing, want to connect even more with our family, so in an attempt to keep my own facebook profile a little more personal, I figured a Blessed by Brenna Facebook page would be a good idea. I'll be posting even more updates and cute photos of our special girl :)
The way she holds onto her binkie reminds us of a little mouse eating a cookie
2. Brenna Girl is over 11 pounds now! I think a big reason is that she is still apparently retaining fluid after her surgery for some reason that we're trying to figure out (because her poor legs and feet are hugely puffy). But I am encouraged that she is finally not losing weight.
3. Yesterday, we were all feeling totally cooped up, so I basically invited ourselves over to our friends' house down the street. When we got there, one of their little girls who just turned four asked if Brenna was doing better. She said "I wish she would feel better. I wish she didn't have to put butter on her face anymore!" It was one of the most adorable things I've ever heard anyone say about Brenna :)
4. Our new feeding pump has a new name. Meet George. We decided that this new friend of ours is going to be around for a while, so we might as well give him a name and learn to live with him!
George is filling 'er up!
5. Along those lines, we learned a long time ago that sometimes you just have to laugh, no matter how difficult things are. Evan has an affinity for making up songs for all different situations we encounter on a daily basis. My personal favorite lately is his rendition of "My Girl"...except he sang it to Brenna right before her bath and changed the words to "Dry Girl"...
6. I got out this weekend. In public. With friends. And no kids or husband. It was a little surreal :) And my friends made me promise to blog about it! I attended the Miranda Lambert concert at the Illinois State Fair with my friend Hallie who drove down from Chicago. She asked me months ago to go with her, and I am so glad I agreed. It was an amazing break from the daily stresses, and it was great hanging out with some of our other friends before and after the concert!
Hallie and me at the concert
Today Brenna participated in a swallow study with our speech pathologist, and tomorrow is our appointment with the GI doc and dietitian, so we're hoping that by conferring with all of the specialists of our feeding team, we can get some answers and move forward with her eating!